Confused between CA and CS? Which option would be better for your career? Well, CA (Chartered Accountancy) and CS (Company Secretaries) both have been two of the most sought courses in the commerce stream.
Both the courses have overwhelming opportunities and offer a bright career to the students. But the actual query here is – which is better career option CA or CS.
Well, after a detailed research and having a number of years of experience, our team has concluded various points and drafted such in the given article. So, if you want to know which is the better career option, kindly read the below article –
Before starting which is better, let’s take a brief understanding of both the courses –
CA vs CS- What is the Difference and Which is Better ?
What is Chartered Accountancy?
Chartered Accountants are referred to one of the most intelligent groups of people. They are a complete package of talent and hard work as well. The word Chartered itself shows a respect towards the person pursuing this course or become a CA.
Chartered Accountants are known as the experts in Accounting. They are considered a highly knowledgeable person as they persist a wide knowledge of Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Corporate Laws etc. Being the smartest person, career options for the CA is infinite.
But becoming a CA is not easy. This has been referred to the toughest course in India conducted by ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India). So, if you wish to pursue CA, the first thing you must possess is patience. The students have seen often giving a number of attempts in this course but once when they become CA, there is no limit to success. The moment prefix “CA” is added to your name, you will be called an expert in many domains.
Students good at calculation should go with CA as it comprises of mostly practical subjects.
What is Company Secretaryship?
Company Secretary is a profession based on Corporate Governance of a Company. The CS has been chosen as an advisor or MD of the company in relation to the company affairs being a highly knowledgeable person in respect of Company Law.
CS is responsible to handle the legal affairs of the company. S/he ensures that the company and its Board of Directors both are operating within the provisions of Company Law.
Well, completing CS is also not easy, not as tough as CA, but not easy as B.com. Similar to CA. here also students have seen giving multiple attempts so students who wish to pursue CS must have patience too. They are recognized as an expert of Company and Allied Laws.
The students good at theory should go with CS.
Why Choose CA over CS?
- Higher Salary and Incentives – The salary offers to Chartered Accountants ranges between 6 to 7 Lakhs annually while the average salary of Company Secretary ranges from 3 to 4 Lakhs only.
- High Respect in the Society – Chartered Accountants are highly respected in the society and especially where you are doing your practice rather than servicing some company. They are consulted for so many aspects say it finance, cost, accounting, auditing, taxation etc while a CS can be consulted for the Company Legal Matters only.
- Financial Auditing – Chartered Accountants are the only authorized person who can sign the Financial Statements of the Company. Only after a signature of CA, financial statements can be called as Audited Financial Statements and presented to the shareholders of the company.
- Worldwide Opportunities – The scope of Chartered Accountants have not limited to our country. ICAI has tied up with various International professional bodies and enhanced the scope of Indian CA throughout the world. There has been a huge demand for Indian Chartered Accountants in the Gulf Countries, besides the West Asian Countries, Australia and Singapore.
- Turn out True Professionals – As everybody knows, that three years of practical training has been a mandatory part of Chartered Accountancy curriculum. This training turns the raw diamonds (CA students) into polished diamonds. In such three years of practical training, they emerge out as true professionals ready to lead the industry as soon as they become CA.
- Priority over CS – CA also persists an impressive knowledge of Company Laws and they are also expert in various fields hence, CA gets priority over CS while the company makes a selection for the job.
CA vs CS – Why Choose CS over CA?
- Easy Studies – CS is much easier as compared to CA which has been referred to the toughest course in India. The CA course is easy to enter but tough to exit. While the CS is also not easy but not as tough as CA.
- Secretarial Auditing – CS are the only persons who can sign the secretarial report of a Company. As none, another person can handle the legal affairs of the company in a manner better than a Company Secretary.
- Legal Compliance – CS are known for handling the Corporate Governance of the Company. Company Secretaries are held responsible to operate the company within the terms of Company Law.
- Less Duration Course – The duration of CS is less than CA. Where the minimum duration of CA is 5 years, CS can be completed in just 3 years.
- No Work Pressure – Students pursuing CA has to handle a heavy workload while completing the CA Final studies due to their Articleship. On the other hand, CS students can complete their internship after completing the CS studies.
By making a reference to the above articles, we can conclude that CA has much better opportunities as compared to CS but pursuing CA is not easy as CS. Hence if you work hard and become CA, you can achieve a dream success. But if you are afraid of hard work then CS will be a better option for you.
Hope this article helped you in getting a clear picture of CA vs CS and Also, read CA vs MBA – which is a better career option and drop your queries in the comment section given below.