Friends have you done mistake in filling your online application form. First of all, we request you to always be careful while filling your exam form and follow all the procedures correctly while filling CA Foundation application form Once you are done with the payment, you cannot edit your details. However, ICAI has made available the online error correction window facility for the students who have committed errors or mistakes while filling their examination forms only in respect of Center and Medium.
If you have committed any error while filling your examination form and seek change in respect of the Center or/and Medium then you can go with the correction facility provided by the ICAI in respect of such errors.
A physical or Manual application is not allowable. You will have to submit the application only through the online mode. You need to upload a scanned copy of the typed/handwritten application duly signed. The correction window is available only on the ICAI official website.
There are two correction windows made available by the ICAI. The first window is available at free of cost while the other window provides the facility of correction with late fees of Rs 1000/-.
|Correction Window – 1|
|Correction Window – 2|
How to make changes in the Application form by the correction window
- Go to the link provided above.
- Now, you will have to log in to your account.
- Now, check the information in the application form.
- Once you login you can apply for such correction.
- You need to upload a scanned copy of the typed/handwritten application duly signed by you.
- Once you are done, you will get a successful confirmation.
- Once you have applied for the changes, you cannot move back to the earlier choice.
- Check whether your request has been successfully submitted.
- When your request will be approved, changes effected will appear on the same site and you can check them for that website.
- You will get informed by the ICAI regarding the change in Medium or Center through a Letter/E-mail.
- New admit cards for change will not be issued. You will carry your earlier admit card along with the approved letter/e-mail sent by the ICAI.
Procedure for the correction with the two Windows –
Window – 1 – This window correction facility is available free of cost. The window generally starts within one week from the last date of submission of online application form (with late fees). And closes within one week from the start date.
Once the window is hosted on the ICAI website you can correct the errors without paying any fees.
In case you are English Medium Student and wrongly opted Hindi Medium while filling the form then you can change your Medium through this correction window and Vice- Versa. However, if you did not select your Medium in the application Form then it will be deemed to be English, so if you want any correction then you can take the help of On-line correction Window facility.
Similarly, if you want to change your center then you can take the help of this Window. Even in case, you want to opt the center outside India then it can also be possible, by paying the difference of examination fees while applying for this application.
You can track the status of your application through the ICAI website.
Window – 2 – This window starts after the closing of First Window and closes down generally one week before the examinations. You can apply in this window for seeking change in the Center/Medium in case you haven’t applied in the first window. But you can apply in such window only with fees of Rs 1000/-.
It should be noted by every student, that ICAI will not entertain your application in case it is received by them just before 7 days of your examination.
Under this window facility also you can correct the errors in the Center/ Medium along with fees of Rs 1000/-.
You can change the Center / Medium either jointly or severally.
This fees shall not be refunded by ICAI in any case except in a case where the request is not accepted due to some administrative reasons. It shall be refunded within 30 days after the date of examination.
Some points you should take care while filling the online form:-
- You should not open more than one session at the same time on the same computer.
- Before making the payment, check your details. Once your payment is done, you will not be able to make any changes.
- While making the payment, do not click on the back button, or refresh the page.
We hope the above article is beneficial for you and wish you all the best for your exams.
You May Also Like Read: CA Foundation Exam Tips