CBSE always expect its students to get good results in CBSE 12th board exams. Students of class 12 work really hard to get good marks in their CBSE board exams but some of them do not get marks up to their satisfaction level.
CBSE gives a second chance to the CBSE 12th board students who are not able to score good marks in their exam. This second chance is called CBSE improvement exam.
Students can enrol themselves to give CBSE improvement exam for the following year.
Every student has to follow a prescribed procedure to give CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019.
CBSE Improvement exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria mean if you’re qualified for something or allowed to take part in it, you are eligible for it. CBSE also has an eligibility criterion for CBSE improvement exam.
If any student who does not fulfil eligibility criteria for CBSE improvement exam while filling the form for the same, his/her form will be cancelled. In this article, we have mentioned the eligibility criteria for CBSE improvement exam 2019.
- Only those students who have passed their previous year CBSE board exam are allowed to appear in CBSE improvement exam 2019.
- Candidate can be from any school affiliated to CBSE board.
- Students having a compartment in any subject cannot enroll themselves for CBSE improvement exam.
- CBSE has set the maximum limit of 5 subjects for CBSE improvement exam.
- Candidates who have passed CBSE board exam 2018 are eligible for CBSE improvement exam 2019.
Important dates regarding CBSE Improvement Exam 2019
The below-mentioned table shows important dates regarding CBSE improvement exam 2019:
|CBSE Improvement exam release date(10th and 12th) 2019||23rd October 2018|
|CBSE improvement exam form 2019 last date||17th November 2018|
|CBSE 10th improvement exam 2019 dates||21st Feb 2019 – 29th March 2019|
|CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019 dates||15th Feb 2019 – 4th April 2019|
|CBSE improvement exam 2019 result date||August 2019|
Steps for CBSE 12th Improvement Exam 2019 Application Form(Registration)
CBSE 12th board candidates who want to enrol themselves of CBSE 12th improvement exam has to fill the application form which is made available from 23rd October 2018. The last date to fill CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019 application form is 17th November 2018.
Steps to fill application form are stated below:
Step 1: To fill CBSE 12th improvement form visit cbse.nic.in.
Step 2: Go through the CBSE site and click the announcement for CBSE 12th improvement exam application form 2019.
Step 3: Enter your roll number and school number in the required fields.
Step 4: Select the subjects you want to appear for in CBSE improvement exam 2019.
Step 5: Choose a centre for examination.
Step 6: Verify the details you filled in the form.
Step 7: Click on the submit.
Step 8: Proceed to pay the fees via an online method or via challan(e-Mitra).
Step 9: Download the form and take a printout.
CBSE 12th Improvement Exam Subject Wise Fee Structure
The table below shows subject wise fees for CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019.
|NUMBER OF SUBJECTS||FEES (in Rs.)|
|Exam Fee for five Subjects under All India Scheme.
Exam Fee for Five Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for additional six Subjects under All India Scheme.
Fee for additional six Subjects under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for the practical exam under All India Scheme.
Fee for the practical exam under Delhi Scheme.
|Fee for two subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
Fee for two subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under All India Scheme.
Fee for three or more subjects for improvement under Delhi Scheme.
|Exam Fee for overseas Candidate for five subject||3000|
|Fee for additional sixth Subject for foreign candidates||1000|
|Fee for the practical exam for a foreign candidate||125|
|Fee for two subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
Fee for two subjects for improvement for foreign candidates
Rules for Appearing in CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam 2019
- The first rule is candidates who have appeared for CBSE Class 12 Board exam 2018 have passed it with no casualties.
- Both private and regular students of CBSE board are eligible for CBSE Class 12 improvement exam 2019.
- Students can choose a maximum of 5 subjects for improvement exam.
- CBSE Class 12 improvement exam application form 2019 can be filled online only.
CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam 2019 Admit Card
CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019 admit card is released by the authority called CBSE. Candidates appearing for CBSE improvement exam 2019 can download their admit card from the official website of CBSE. Students who have filled the CBSE improvement exam 2019 application form which was released in the month of October 2018 and submitted it before the due date can download their admit cards. CBSE improvement exam admit card can be downloaded by the same process as of regular board students. The release date of CBSE 12th improvement admit card is 20th January 2019. Candidates should know that they must carry their admit cards at the time of entry in the examination hall.
CBSE Class 12 Improvement Exam Result 2019
CBSE releases the result of improvement exam in the month of May with the CBSE 12th board exam results on their official website. Students who score low marks in improvement exam compared to their regular board exams need not worry because the highest marks will be considered as the final marks.
Students who fail or get low marks are not eligible to give CBSE 12th improvement exam again as CBSE has set the limit for the number of attempts for improvement exams to only 1.
Some important points for candidates applying for CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019:
- CBSE improvement exam 2019 application forms were filled in Oct-Nov 2018.
- Students who have filled the application form and submitted it before the due date are eligible to give CBSE 12th improvement exam 2019.
- Students can select a maximum of 5 subjects from the main subjects to give their improvement exam.
- Only students who have passed previous year regular board exams are eligible to give CBSE 12th improvement exam.
- Highest marks in the subject if in improvement exam or regular board exam will be considered as final marks.
- Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria for appearing in CBSE 12th improvement exam. If any of the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled by the candidate his/her application form will get rejected.
- Students who have not cleared the regular board exams cannot apply for CBSE Improvement exam. They can search for other suitable options.
Also, Read the CBSE class 12th Marking Scheme.