As students are clear that Articleship training is a mandatory part of Chartered Accountancy course and today we are going to discuss everything you need to know about CA articleship registration. They have to undergo 3 years of practical training under a practicing Chartered Accountant.
Recommended Read –
Students can commence articleship training only after qualifying either both groups or a single group of CA Intermediate / First group of CA IPCC. But before joining articleship they have to successfully complete 4 weeks of ICITSS (Orientation Program and Information Technology).
Students shall also note that out of such 3 years of practical training, 2 years are mandatory to be served under a Practicing Chartered Accountant and amid the last year of such training, they have an option either continue to serve under a Practicing Chartered Accountant or serve under a Chartered Accountant in Employment. Candidates while pursuing the last year of their articleship can go for Industrial Training and serve as an Industrial Trainee.
In this article, you will learn about the CA Articleship registration procedure from which you can register yourself for the Articleship Training
Forms for CA Articleship Registration –
The students can commence 3 years of Articleship Training under a practicing Chartered Accountant by filing Form 102 and Form 103 and submit it to the regional branch of ICAI. The link for both the forms has been given below. You can either download such from the given link or purchase from the ICAI regional branch which will cost Rs 50/-.
Students shall also note that those who are downloading the form shall have to pay Rs 50/- at the time of submitting the form while those who have already purchased need not be pay anything while submitting the form.
FORM 102: DEED OF ARTICLES
- Deed of Articles is a bond between Principal and Trainee. Through this form Principal agrees to train the article in his office for a period of three years and article shall also diligently and faithfully serve him as a trainee for a period of Three Years.
- “Form 102: Deed of Articles” get valid only when it has been executed on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper or Special Adhesive Stamps of requisite value.
- ICAI has clearly instructed that the above deed shall be executed for not less than a period of three years.
- The Deed shall be duly signed by both Article Assistant (trainee) and Practicing Chartered Accountant (Principal) as well.
- The Deed shall not be required to submit with ICAI but it needs to get stamped from the regional office.
- The copy of such deed shall be given to the articled assistant and original shall be retained by the Principal.
Form 103: Statement of Particulars of Article Assistant
- Articleship Registration Form 103 comprises of detailed particulars of Article Assistant.
- The form shall be filled in three copies – all the three copies need to get stamped from the regional branch and out of these three – one will be retained by ICAI, one by Principal and one by Article Assistant.
- Form 103 needs to be accompanied with the following particulars –
- Attested copy of IPCC Marksheet.
- Attested copy of Secondary/Higher Secondary school certificate as proof of Date of Birth.
- Attested copy of ITT and OP completion certificate.
- Form 103 needs to be accompanied with the following particulars –
- As per the ICAI guidelines, Form 103 shall be submitted along with the above-prescribed documents to the regional office within 30 days from the date of commencement of Practical Training.
- In any case, students would not be able to submit such within a specified period of 30 days, then the form shall be submitted along with a handwritten application “Condonation for Delay” stating the reason for the delay in submission.
- The delayed application shall also be accompanied by the late fees as per the below-given chart –
|Number of Days -Form Delayed||Late Fee to be paid|
|30 Days||Rs 500/-|
|31-180 days||Rs 1,000/-|
|181 – 365 days||Rs 2,000/-|
|Beyond 365 days||Rs 10,000/-|
- After receipt of such Delayed Application, ICAI has a complete authority either to accept such delayed application and approve your commencement of Articleship Training or it may further ask for below-given documents –
- Attendance records of the articled assistant.
- Form 102: Original copy of Deed of articles which have been retained by Principal.
- Certified copy of the Work diary of Articled Assistant.
- They may also ask for articleship stipend proof such as Bank Passbook or Bank Statement.
Note – Students shall also note that if they want to pursue any other course besides Chartered Accountant like B.com or CS, they would be required to obtain a prior permission from ICAI within one month of starting such course by way of an application made in Form – 112.
Duly Fill the ID Card Attach in Form 103 –
You will get an ID card attached with Form 103 which has to be filled with latest passport size photograph of a student and signed by the employer and the article assistant as well at the appropriate places.
The Identity Card is required to submit along with Form 103 and thereafter it will be returned back to the student along with registration letter by the ICAI.
This ID card will be valid for a period of three years from the date of commencement of registration.
CA Articleship Registration Fees
- Form 103 shall be submitted along with Articleship Registration Fee Rs 2000/– by way of a Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque.
- The students who have already paid this fee at the time of their Intermediate / IPCC registration need not pay the fee again.
- The Demand Draft/Banker’s Cheque shall be drawn on any bank by the name of “Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at Mumbai /Kolkata/Chennai/Kanpur/New Delhi as the case may be.
Working Hours of an Article Assistant –
- ICAI has laid down some guidelines in respect of Article Assistant working hours during articleship training.
- The normal working hours shall be 35 hours in a week excluding the lunch break.
- Although in case of exigencies of work with the principal, article assistant may also require to work beyond 35 hours in a week but, in any case, this shall not exceed 45 hours in a week.
- The practice of getting work down beyond 35 hours shall be practiced in exceptional cases only.
- Further, if the articled assistant is required to work beyond 35 hours per week, they will be entitled to compensatory leave calculated with reference to a number of completed working hours, over and above 35 hours per week.
- ICAI has also mentioned that general office shall not be started before 9.00 AM and after 7.00 PM for providing training to the articled assistant.
- The normal working hours for the articled assistant shall not start after 11.00 AM or before 3.00 PM.
- Amid the articleship working hours, the articled assistant is not permitted to attend college or any coaching for pursuing any course including graduation that means a college or coaching hours shall not get a clash with normal working hours of articleship.
Conclusion – In the above article we have discussed when a CA student can commence his/her articleship training, CA Articleship registration procedure, Articleship Registration Forms required, consequences of delay in submission of such form, late fees, ID card attached with Form 103, Registration fee for practical training and working hours of an articled assistant as well.
Hope you find the above content helpful but still you can ask for any query in the given below comment section and stay in tune with us for more such articles.