The ICAI has reopened the registration for the CA Foundation exam May 2023 attempt. ICAI has also mentioned that the exam for CA Foundation May 2023 will be held in May month. However, the last date to register for CA Foundation May 2023 is 24 Feb 2023. Students can register through ICAI official website icai.org.
CA Foundation Registration and Eligibility Criteria: CA Foundation Course is the entry-level exam for pursuing a Chartered Accountancy Course in India. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is responsible to conduct CA Examination in India. After Passing the CBSE Class 12th examination or equivalent examination recognized by the Government or Government body, Students can register with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India for the CA Foundation Course.
Students who want to appear in the CA Foundation course have to go through a systematic process of filling the CA Foundation Registration and Application Form. CA Foundation Registration process is held twice a year in the month of December and June.
New CA Foundation Registration Forms are issued by the ICAI after the declaration of the CA Foundation Result of the current session.
From this article, students can get to know how to register for the CA foundation, and all about the CA foundation registration process.
CA Foundation Registration Dates
Check the table to know the last date of CA Foundation registration May 2023:
CA Foundation Event
CA Foundation Date
CA Foundation Registration May 2023
1st Jan 2023
CA Foundation Registration Nov 2023
1st July 2023
Eligibility for CA Foundation Registration May 2023
The eligibility criteria for CA Foundation May 2023 are as follows:
- Students must pass or appear in the class12th examination conducted by the recognized body by the central government.
- Students must register for CA Foundation Course before the last date.
- They also must register with the Board of Studies(Bos).
The student who has appeared in the 12th class exam but is waiting for results can register under ICAI Provisional registration, So in place of the 12th mark sheet, they can submit the scanned copy of the class 10th mark sheet and admit card.
CA Foundation May 2023 Registration Process
The process of CA Foundation registration starts with filling out the Online Registration Form for May 2023 Examination. You can start filling out your online registration form on 1st July from the below online registration process.
Steps for filling CA Foundation Registration Form Online May 2023 Examination ( Latest)
Step 1- Students who are registering for the very first time for CA Foundation Examination, should Click here.
You will be taken to this screen. Please fill in your required details and click on Generate OTP. You will receive OTP on your mobile phone and the verification link will be sent to your concerned mail ID.
Step 2- Now Students are required to enter the captcha text and submit it for receiving OTP.
Step 3- For validation, an OTP will be sent
Step 4- Fill the OTP and by validating complete the login process
Step 5- Once you complete the OTP Validations, you will receive the login details on Email/SMS so that you can log in. You can log in here.
Step 6- After you log in, you have to provide the necessary credentials in the registration form. There you also have to upload the scanned copies of your original documents.
Details mentioned in the CA Foundation BOS Registration 2023 are:
- Name of the Father
- Name of the mother
- Your Complete address
- Pin code
Step 7- Now you need to upload your scanned photograph and signature. The maximum image ratio should be width: 21 cm and length: 27 cm.
Step 8- After you complete your above-mentioned process, you have to pay the required CA Foundation registration fees.
On successful payment, the system will automatically generate a successful transaction message along with the form automatically.
Here you complete your CA Foundation Registration process, now ICAI will send you the CA Foundation course Study Material through CDS(Centralized Dispatch System).
CA Foundation Registration Process Offline
If students enroll in any one of the mentioned states- Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand –should submit the form and documents at the following Regional Office:
|Northern India Regional Council of
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI BHAWAN, 52-54, Institutional Area,
Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Near,
Karkardooma Courts, Delhi – 110 032
Phone: 011-39893990, 30210601, Fax: 011-
CA Foundation Registration Fee for May 2023
The fee CA foundation registration fee for the MAy 2023 attempt is as follows:
|Fee details||Fee for Indian Students (in Rs)||Fee for Foreign Students
(in US Dollars)
|Prospectus of Foundation Course||200||20$|
|Subscription for Students’ Journal (For One Year)||200||20$|
|Subscription for Members’ Journal (For One Year) (Optional)||400||40$|
Important Update regarding Registration Fee:
ICAI has made an exception in the CA foundation Fees. Through a recent announcement on their official website, ICAI has allowed a 75% fee concession for the newly formed Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and the 8 North-Eastern states. So, students residing in these areas have to pay Rs. 2250 for the registration.
As the ICAI Foundation registration process is completed, students should start preparing for the exams.
Also Check, CMA Salary in India
Also, check about CMA Foundation course
What after CA Foundation Registration May 2023
After completing the CA Foundation registration process, ICAI will provide you with 4 months of study material, for which you must take 4 months of study leave to clear the examination on, the first attempt.
After registration, you have to fill, out an examination form which will come one or and half months before, the CA Foundation examination.
Documents Required for CA Foundation Registration Process
The documents required for the ICAI registration process for the ca foundation are as follows:
- Appearing students are required to an attested copy of the mark sheet/ Admit card of their 12th Class.
- For international students, they have required a copy of proof of their citizenship.
- For the SC/ST/OBC special category students, they are required to submit a certificate of proof.
- The Latest photo of appearing students to affix on the registration form.
- A copy of the 10th mark sheet, which shows the student’s name and date of birth.
CA Foundation Registration Letter
Students must have the CA foundation letter before the CA foundation exam in May 2023. Therefore, students must carry the CA foundation registration letter along with the admit card. If a student has their registration letter but does not have the CA foundation admit card at the time of the exam, then after going through the procedure he or she will be allowed to sit in the exam.
Things to Keep in Mind While CA Foundation Registration Procedure
To avoid errors it is very important to keep a few things in mind while registering for the CA foundation May 2023 exam.
- The candidate has to pay the registration amount through the payment gateway after filling out the online form.
- After the payment is done, the system automatically generates the CA foundation form.
- Along with print out of the online registration form, the following documents are to be submitted to the concerned Regional Office of ICAI within 7 days of the date of online registration
- The duly signed printout of the online successful registration form in hard copy
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of the 10th Marksheet/ Admit Card of 10th class indicating the Name & Date of Birth
- Attested copy of Admit Card / Mark sheet of Class 12 examination issued by the respective Board
- If a student is a foreigner, then an attested copy of proof of Nationality should also be submitted,
- For students of reserved category and disabled students, attested proof of special category certificate i.e SC/ST, OBC, and Differently abled should be provided.
How to Check CA Foundation Registration Form Status Online
To check the CA foundation registration form status online, or whether you have filled the exam form correctly or not, follow the given steps below:
- Students will receive a confirmation mail including the CA foundation registration number and password, only after the CA foundation registration process.
- By visiting the official website of ICAI, students can check their CA foundation registration form status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When can I register for CA Foundation?
Ans: The last date for the CA foundation May 2023 registration is 24th Feb 2023.
Q2. Are 4 Months enough for CA Foundation?
Ans: Yes, students get a minimum of months to study for CA Foundation after registration for the CA Foundation exam.
Q3. How many attempts of CA Foundation you can give?
Ans: Maximum 6 attempts in Three years.
Q4. When will the CA foundation admit cards will be released?
Ans: The CA foundation admit cards will be released 14 days before the commencement of the exam.
Q5. Can I register for the CA Foundation exam without the 12th mark sheet?
Ans: Yes. If you don’t have a 12th mark sheet, you can submit a 12th admit card and can register for the CA Foundation exam
Q6. When will the CA Foundation examination/application forms be released?
Ans: ICAI will release CA foundation examination/Application form one and a half months before the exam on its website https://www.icai.org/