For anyone looking for a thriving career option, the Chartered Accountancy course is the best choice. If you are one of them, then enroll in the CA Course. At CA Wizard, we bring the complete details on how to enroll for the CA course to our readers. You must know there are three levels of CA Course:
- CA Foundation: The first stage or the entry-level exam for CA Course.
- CA Intermediate: The second stage is for the in-depth course knowledge.
- CA Final: The last stage of the CA Course is for advanced knowledge and practical skills.
You can see the complete journey of the CA Course here for better understanding. There are two routes to enroll in the CA course. In this article, we will share the details for both the ways
- Through CA Foundation.
- Through CA Intermediate. It is also known as Direct Entry Route, where the student does not have to give CA Foundation Exams.
Eligibility Criteria for Registration/enrollment:
The eligibility criteria for CA Foundation and eligibility criteria for CA Intermediate are given in the table below.
|CA Foundation||CA Intermediate (Direct)|
|Any student who has passed the class 10th exams can register for the CA Foundation course (under provisional registration). After passing the class 12th exams, you can appear in CA Exams. You can be from any stream- Science, Commerce, Arts.||Any graduate/post-graduate from the commerce stream and who has scored a minimum of 55% marks can register for the CA Intermediate course. Any graduate/post-graduate from another stream who has scored a minimum of 60% marks can register for the CA Intermediate course. Any student who has completed the Intermediate level of Company Secretary. Any student who has completed the Intermediate level of Cost Accountant.|
Register/Enroll for CA Foundation Course
The CA Foundation exams are held twice every year, in May and November. Before the exams, you need to give a four months study period. So you are required to register for CA Foundation exams before 1st January or 1st July, respectively.
|Exam||Last date of registration|
|May 2021||On or before 1st January 2021|
|November 2021||On or before 1st July 2021|
ICAI charges a registration fee of Rs. 9,000 along with Rs.200 for the prospectus at the time of the registration process. You can check all the details on the CA Foundation Fees here. The details of any fee concessions available by ICAI are also given at the link.
Register/Enroll for CA Intermediate Course
ICAI conducts the CA Intermediate exams twice a year- in May and November. You can register for either of the batches before the given last dates.
|Exam||Last date of registration|
|May 2021||On or before 31st August 2021|
|November 2021||On or before 1st March 2021|
During the registration process of CA Intermediate, ICAI charges various charges. There are two groups in the CA Intermediate course, so the fee will differ depending on the option you select. You can check all the details on CA Intermediate Fees here.
How to enroll for the CA Course?
The CA Foundation and Direct Entry (CA Intermediate) registration process is entirely online. The registration or enrollment procedure for CA Foundation and CA Intermediate is very similar. You can refer to the step-by-step process given-below to understand the registration procedure.
- Open the ICAI official website, www.icai.org. Click on the E-services option.
- Select the ‘Students services’ option.
- Now click on the first option from the list “Entry-level forms (Foundation and intermediate (Direct Entry)”.
- A page like shown below will appear on your screen. Fill in all the details. Make sure you double-check everything. Your certified documents will be attached later, so the information should be filled according to them.
- Click on the Generate OTP button given on the page. Give the confirmation to receive the OTP.
- Proceed with the security check by entering the captcha. Then you will get the OTP on the mobile number entered in the form. Submit the OTP to complete the validation process.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Registration page again. Read the dialog box that will appear. Click OK and then fill your details in the form.
- You must enter the student/applicant’s contact details. Remember, changes are not allowed once the form is submitted, so cross-check your details.
- For the study material, you will receive a separate email/SMS.
- The next screen you will see will be the Self Service Portal.
- Since you are enrolling in the CA course for the first time, you should choose the Student Cycle option.
- There will be a Personal Details page again. Some of the fields will be already filled as per the details you have given. You have to fill all the remaining fields. See the image below for reference.
- Re-check your details and then click on Save and Next.
- The next window will be for the Qualification Details. You have to fill in your marks scored in class X, XI, and graduation/post-graduation (if done). Self Attest your mark sheets. If you are doing provisional registration, you will be asked to submit the mark sheets later when the results are announced.
- Select your medium of study as English or Hindi. You will receive the study material in the same medium, and your exams will also be conducted in the same medium. Then click on Save and Next.
- You will have to upload the necessary documents in the next step- Your passport size photograph, 10th and 12th mark sheet, signature, aadhar card copy, VISA/Passport copy (for international students). Check the instructions given on the page for the image specifications and other document specifications.
- The next step is payment. Enter your account credentials and make the payment. The fee will be different for the registration in CA Foundation, CA Intermediate (both groups), and CA Intermediate (single group). There is also a fee concession in the registration fee. You can refer to the links given earlier in this article for complete fee details. Validate the payment with the OTP. Take a screenshot and download the filled registration form for future reference.
- ICAI then verifies your documents, which may take 2-3 days. Then you will receive your login credentials on your email id.
What after you enroll for the CA Course?
After the registration is complete, you will get a fixed period of study time for preparing for the exams. You can join a CA Coaching Institute or take online classes, or even buy Pendrive classes for the right guidance. Before your exams are held in May/November, you will have to fill the exam’s Application form. For our readers, we have given the complete details on CA Wizard. You can click on the links below for further detailed information. CA Foundation Application Form CA Intermediate Application Form
Students Also Ask
Q1. Till when is your CA Foundation Registration valid?
Ans. The CA Foundation Registration is valid for three years.
Q2. Till when is your CA Intermediate Registration valid? Ans. The CA Intermediate Registration is valid for four years.
Q3. Can I apply for changes in the CA Registration Form? Ans. There is no way you apply for changes in the CA Registration Form. Though after the CA Application forms are submitted, ICAI opens a correction window to allow changes in a few fields.