CBSE Class 12th 2021-2022 Examination have started, although the class 12th 2022-23 curriculum has already started. CA wizard provides you the Class 12 English complete guide with study material such as NCERT books, syllabus, sample papers and other useful resources.
CA wizard is one of the leading coaching institutes which provides CA coaching to students and is also extremely affordable. It provides quality education with other CBSE and Chartered Accountant resources. Although, If you want to make a career in the Commerce field, you can explore thebest course after 12th- CAon our website.Chartered Accountancyis a very lucrative career option with endless opportunities and scope for growth. Hence, You can visit CA Wizard to get all Chartered Accountant-related resources.
CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus & Marking Scheme
CA Wizard brings you complete information on theCBSE Class 12 English Syllabus. For the academic year 2022-23, CBSE has not reduced any topics so far. This step is taken so that students can study from the beginning of the session with positive outlook towards exams and regular online classes.
You can download the new syllabus, which has the deleted topics mentioned as well. A detailed marking scheme is also available, which will help you in your exam preparation. You can also find other commerce subject syllabus likeMaths Syllabus,Accountancy Syllabus,Economics Syllabusfor download at CA wizard. Below are the download links for the latest English core and English elective syllabus 2022-23.
CBSE Class 12 English Core Syllabus & Marking Scheme
English syllabus has some Minor changes for the year 2022-23 by CBSE. You can download the PDF versions of the CBSEclass 12 syllabus of English2022-23 so that you can easily refer to the syllabus wherever you need.
The English marking scheme is divided into three parts in the Reading section, the Literature section, and the writing section. Although this pattern has been followed for several years now and is still followed. The Reading section has unseen passages, while the writing section has topics like speech, articles as well as Formal and Informal letters. Then the literature section comes which includes the CBSE class 12 Literature book question and answers. Below is a proper explanation of each section.
Section A: Reading Skills
Reading Comprehension through Unseen Passage (20 Marks)
- One unseen passage to assess comprehension, interpretation and inference. Vocabulary and inference of meaning will also be assessed. The passage may be factual, descriptive or literary. (10×1=10 Marks)
- One unseen case-based passage with verbal/visual inputs like statistical data, charts etc. (10×1=10 Marks)
Note: The combined word limit for both the passages will be 700-750 words accordingly.
Multiple Choice Questions / Objective Type Questions will be asked.
- Creative Writing Skills
This Section Has Short and Long Task
- Notice up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered.(5 Marks: Format : 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content : 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar : 1 ).
- Formal/Informal Invitation and Reply up to 50 words. One out of the two given questions to be answered. (5 Marks: Format : 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content : 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar :1 ).
- Letters based on verbal/visual input, to be answered in approximately 120-150 words. Letter types include application for a job with bio data or resume. Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinion on issues of public interest) . One out of the two given questions to be answered . (5 Marks: Format : 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content : 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar :1 ).
- Article/ Report Writing, descriptive and analytical in nature, based on verbal inputs, to be answered in 120-150 words. One out of the two given questions to be . (5 Marks: Format : 1 / Organisation of Ideas: 1/Content : 2 / Accuracy of Spelling and Grammar :1 )
This section will have variety of assessment items including Multiple Choice Questions, Objective Type Questions, Short Answer Type Questions and Long Answer Type Questions to assess comprehension, analysis, interpretation and extrapolation beyond the text.
- Reference to the Context (40 Marks)
- One Poetry extract out of two from the book Flamingo to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis and appreciation. (6×1=6 Marks)
- One Prose extract out of two from the book Vistas to assess comprehension, interpretation, analysis and appreciation. (4×1=4 Marks)
- One prose extract out of two from the book Flamingo to assess comprehension, interpretation and analysis. (6×1=6Marks)
- Short answer type question (from Prose and Poetry from the book Flamingo), to be answered in 40-50 words. Questions should elicit inferential responses through critical thinking. Five questions out of the six given are to be answered. (5×2=10 Marks)
- Short answer type question, from Prose (Vistas), to be answered in 40- 50 words. Questions should elicit inferential responses through critical thinking. Any 2 out of 3 questions to be done. (2×2=4 Marks)
- One Long answer type question, from Prose/Poetry (Flamingo), to be answered in 120-150 words. Questions can be based on incident / theme / passage / extract / event as reference points to assess extrapolation beyond and across the text. The question will elicit analytical and evaluative response from student. Any 1 out of 2 questions to be done. (1×5=5 Marks)
- One Long answer type question, based on the chapters from the book Vistas,to be answered in 120-150 words to assess global comprehension and extrapolation beyond the text. Questions to provide evaluative and analytical responses using incidents, events, themes as reference points. Any 1 out of 2 questions to be done. (1×5=5 Marks)
CBSE Class 12 English NCERT Books
NCERT books lay down by CBSE itself and are a primary requirement for the class 12th examination. Students can now download the CBSE Class 12 English Book and answers from the below table and accordingly study the whole course from the pdf only without buying books. Furthermore, The class 12 Books are available free of cost and can directly be downloaded from the links provided below.
- Flamingo: English Reader published by National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi
- Vistas: Supplementary Reader published by National Council of Education Research and Training, New Delhi
- The Last Lesson
- Lost Spring
- Deep Water
- The Rattrap
- Poets and Pancakes
- The Interview
- Going Places
- My Mother at Sixty-Six
- Keeping Quiet
- A Thing of Beauty
- A Roadside Stand
- Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers
- The Third Level
- The Tiger King
- Journey to the end of the Earth
- The Enemy
- On the Face of It
- Memories of Childhood
CBSE Class 12 English Core Question Paper Design 2022-23
There was a major change in the Question Paper Design after Covid-19 in the year 2020-21, and CBSE Exam was canceled because of Pandemic. But now there are some minor changes in the English CBSE syllabus.
English CORE XII (Code No. 301)
Conceptual understanding, decoding, Analyzing, inferring, interpreting, appreciating, literary, conventions and vocabulary, as well as summarizing and using appropriate format/s
Creative Writing Skills
Conceptual Understanding, application of rules, Analysis, Reasoning, appropriacy of style and tone, using appropriate format and fluency, as well as inference, analysis, evaluation, and creativity
Literature Textbooks and Supplementary Reading Text
Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary convention, inference. Furthermore, it also includes analysis, creativity with fluency
Assessment of Listening and Speaking Skills
CBSE Class 12 English Elective Question Paper Design 2022-23
% of Weightage
Conceptual understanding, decoding, Analyzing, inferring, interpreting, appreciating, literary, conventions and vocabulary, summarizing and using appropriate format/s
Applying appropriate language conventions comprehension using structures interactively, application, accuracy
Reasoning, appropriacy of style and tone, using appropriate format and fluency, inference, analysis, evaluating, creativity with Fluency.
Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary convention, inference, analysis, creativity with fluency
Recalling, reasoning, appreciating literary conventions, illustrating with relevant quotations from the text, inferring, analyzing, evaluating and creating, giving opinions, justifying with fluency
Seeking information and clarifying, illustrating with relevant quotations from the texts, reasoning, diction, articulation clarity of pronunciation, using appropriate language conventions Addressing participants using appropriate titles or nomenclatures and overall fluency
English Project of Class 12
The English curriculum is divided between Theory exams and practical project submission. Consequently, The theory exam is of 80 marks while the remaining 20 marks are for project submission. Although, teachers provide students proper assistance for class 12 practicals and keep buffer classes. Hence, here are well-illustratedCBSE Guidelines to Prepare a Good Projectto complete the entire English project 2021.
CBSE Class 12 English Sample Papers
After going through and completing the syllabus from NCERT English books, Students move towards solving CBSE class 12 Sample papers in a view to get higher marks and also judge their current preparation. Furthermore, through sample papers students gets an idea where they are lacking behind and can provide question paper design.
The new session of CBSE Class 12 has been started and CBSE has releases the curriculum of this year on its official website. Students are still studying from online classes and need resources like NCERT books, notes sample papers as well as syllabus. The CBSE prescribes NCERT books for class 12 which are subsequently available at CA Wizard for free download. Consequently, CA Wizard provides assistance to students through study materials.
FAQ’S For CBSE Class 12 English
Ques 1: How many books of English are there in class 12 CBSE?
Ans: There are 2 books in Class 12 English, Flamingo and Vistas
Ques 2: How many chapters are there in NCERT 12 English?
Ans: There are 19 Chapters in 12th English. 13 Chapters in Flamingo and 6 Chapters in Vistas.