Hello Friends, coachings are over, now it’s a time to start self-study. No matter how well your teachers were but at last, your self-study is most important. You could not recall the things until you revised them. As you all know how tough the competition is. The level of the exams is increasing and this is CA Intermediate friends. But still, you can crack this exam in your very first attempt. Hard work can change your destiny. However, only hard work is not enough, besides this smart work is very important. There are thousands of students who have done great hard work but still waiting to clear this exam. The thing is, they did not integrate their hard work with the smart work.
Today we are giving you the three months study plan, last three months before your exam are very crucial. So, don’t waste a single minute and read this article. This will for sure help you to clear this exam –
- Revise the syllabus at least three times– Not a joke, if you want to crack this exam in your first attempt then you must complete three times revision. This is very important, until and unless you don’t go for it, you could not recall the things while giving the paper. So, try to complete your CA Intermediate syllabus in one and the half month. And revise your entire syllabus thoroughly in the next one month.
- Prepare two subjects for exemption – Prepare at least two subjects, one from each group for exemption because it will cover your aggregate percent requirement… And the best subject to score exemption is Accounting and also sometimes students become very much comfortable with Cost unless you are not weak in practical subjects. Or if you are good in theory or you are preparing for Company Secretary in addition to CA, then you can prepare law as a stronger subject in the first group. Generally, students face difficulty in IT SM, so it is best to go with Advanced Accounting. Otherwise, FM has become part of the second group hence you can prepare for a good score in FM also.
- Mark sums for your last revision– Once you have completed your syllabus, you will come to know which questions are time passing, which are relevant, and which are must revise before the exam. At your first revision, mark the questions which you will read in second and third revision. So, at your first revision practice each question by writing, at second revision solve only one question of each pattern and at your third revision read the questions which you can solve easily and practice only those questions which are not easy to remember.
At your third revision, this will be useless to solve each and every question. Mark the questions so that during the revision your time will not get waste by practicing a similar type of question.
- Prepare your own handwritten notes – Your own handwritten notes are the best source through which you can revise with ease and efficiency. So, prepare your own handwritten notes and try to prepare them in a chart form through which you can revise your entire syllabus in one day i.e. your preparation leave.
- Refer suggested answers- Guys, so many times it happens that there is a controversial point on which difference occurs in our teacher’s point of view and other reference books. So, you should always go with the suggested answers. Because important is what ICAI considers correct rather than what is actually correct. For example, teachers taught you that you can’t claim depreciation on Goodwill. Correct if it is self-generated but incorrect if it is purchased. If you are paying someone like in the scheme of amalgamation for Goodwill then you can claim depreciation on such under Intangible Asset. So, practice the questions as many as you can from the practice manual issued by the ICAI and also refer to suggested answers.
- Do the theory subjects in the morning – Morning time is a very refreshing time for us. The mind is fully set to grab anything. So, try to read the theory subjects in the morning. This will help you in learning things faster and also retain them for a longer time. So, you can start with Law in the early morning, in which you need to understand the topics rather than learning after 2 hours take rest and have some tea/ coffee and biscuits or anything you wish to have (approx ½ hour) and then you can go with IT SM (Information Technology and Strategic Management) and I will suggest you focus mainly on SM because it is much scoring comparison to IT (Information Technology) and give your 2 hours to IT and SM. In this way, you can easily complete your first revision within one month by giving 4 hours in the morning to these subjects but friends remember that these four hours must be your effective hours. You must be completely focused. And friends do not refer to more than one reference book. You can get confused instead of that you can refer to ICAI study material or if you are not comfortable with it then material provided by your coaching Institute.
- Start practical subjects after 10 A.M. – Friends after reading Law and IT SM, you need a break. Have a bath and go for breakfast (approx 1 hour). Try to avoid junk food it can make you feel sleepy. Have some fresh fruits and vegetables. Then start with one practical subject give your 2 hours to that take 15 minutes break and have lunch then start with DT for a change. Give one hour to DT and then have your lunch. Then again start with another practical subject which gives 2 hours to that subject. Have some juice or tea/coffee and some snacks (break for 15-20 minutes). Then read IDT for a change for an hour. And start with another practical subject and give two hours to that. After that go for dinner and relax and go for a short 15 min walk (approx one hour). Then you should not start another subject rather than that you can revise whatever you have read throughout the day. You can revise it within 30 minutes and after that give 1 ½ hour to revise previous topics. And completing that have a good sleep.
- Concept Clarity – Clarity on the concepts is the essence. Until you are not having command of your concepts you will always afraid of a new question. Each and every subject demands clarity on the concepts. Whether it is Cost, FM, Accounting, Advanced Accounting, Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, etc. Even if you have not gone through the case laws in DT, IDT, Law then also you can properly present your answer because your concepts are clear. So make sure friends, that your concepts are always clear. Especially if you want to score high in Cost and FM then make sure that your concepts are always damn clear.
- Revision on a daily basis- If you involve this thing in your daily routine, then it would not take so much time to revise the syllabus after completion of the course. And you have to study 14 -15 hours effectively in a day. I am not judging the study by the number of hours but you can see that this is the peak time of your exams. So, if your dream is big, then you have to work hard to fulfill this dream.
- Mock Test Papers – Many students have a perception that solving mock test papers or solving past attempt papers is a wastage of time. But no friends, Solving papers are actually very helpful. First, it shows you a true picture that where are you lacking. Second It helps you in revising the syllabus. Third, you will get to know about your presentation skills. Fourth, It shows whether you are correctly evaluating the question of what exactly the examiner wants from you. Fifth, it teaches you that how well you can manage your time in the exam and many others. So, after completing the revision, in the last 15 days, solve at least 5 attempts of mock tests and past attempt papers. And revise the topic thoroughly which you are facing difficulty in recalling.
- RTP – You should also refer to RTP for the past three years and this will not take your much time because you have already completed the whole course at this point in time and it mainly covers questions from your practice manual.
Friends it is not mandatory to go with every subject daily. You can select 4-4 subjects and complete them on an alternate day basis. 4 subjects on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and other 4 on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Do not relax on Sunday as this is your peak time for exams so make a plan to cover the entire 7 days.
We are providing you a daily routine chart, have a look-
|Wake up||4 A.M.|
|Fresh Yourself and have a glass of warm water||Up to 4.30 A.M.|
|Start with theory (Preferable Law)||4.30 to 6.30 A.M.|
|Have a cup of Juice or Coffee with some light snacks or biscuits||Up to 7.00 A.M.|
|Start with another Theory subject||7.00 A.M. to 9.00 A.M.|
|Give a break (take a bath and breakfast)||9.00 to 10.00 A.M.|
|Start with a practical subject||10.00 A.M. to 12.00 P.M.|
|Give break||For 15 Minutes|
|Read DT||12.15 to 1.15 P.M.|
|Have lunch||Up to 2.00 P.M.|
|Start another Practical Subject||2.00 to 4.00 P.M.|
|Break for 15 Minutes||Up to 4.15 P.M.|
|Read IDT for an hour||4.15 to 5.15 P.M.|
|Start with one more practical Subject||5.15 to 7.15 P.M.|
|Dinner and a short walk for 15 Minutes to refresh yourself||Up to 8.00 P.M.|
|Revise the topics covered the entire day||8.00 to 8.30 P.M.|
|Revise the Previous Chapters||8.30 to 10.00 P.M.|
|Sleep||10.00 to 4.00 A.M.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How many hours does a CA aspirant must study for the exams?
To prepare well for the exams, CA aspirants must try to study for a minimum of 14-16 hours daily. If not 14 to 16 hours, try to study for 10 hours. CA aspirants must take short intervals from their studies so that they increase productivity.
Q2. For CA aspirants do the ICAI study material for CA intermediate is sufficient?
Yes, try to study from only ICAI study material for the CA intermediate exams. CA intermediate study material includes all the topics of the syllabus.
Q3. Can CA aspirants clear the CA intermediate exams in one attempt?
Yes obviously, it might seem difficult to clear the CA intermediate exams in one attempt but it is not that difficult. CA aspirants just need to make strategies for the preparation of the exams and spend more time studying.